Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Any individual, business, firm, corporation or other commercial entity that
installs and operates an alarm system shall submit, in writing, an application for such permit to the Chief of Police or his Designee on forms supplied by the City. Such application shall contain the following:
(1) Names and addresses of user(s) and the residence or business in which the alarm system has been or will be installed, and the telephone number;
(2) Type of alarm system, the company name, address and telephone of the alarm business installing, monitoring, inspecting, responding to or maintaining the alarm system;
(3) Testing procedure;
(4) The skill and competency of the permittee to be a permit holder;
(5) The quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the emergency alarm devices installed and operated by the permittee;
(6) Names, addresses, telephone numbers of three persons who can respond in a timely manner twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, to turn off or deactivate the alarm system when the alarm user cannot be contacted.
(b) This permit shall be signed by the permittee and alarm company representative. It shall be the alarm installer’s responsibility to train and instruct the user to the proper operation of such alarm unit and provide any other information to effectuate the purpose of this chapter. It shall be the permittee’s responsibility to keep this information updated and accurate by notifying the Police Department in writing within ten days after a change occurs in such information. A copy of the signed permit and policy shall be provided to permittee.
(c) Each alarm user shall pay to the City of Fairborn, upon application for permit a one-time alarm user fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00).
(Ord. 40-05. Passed 10-3-05.)