Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Accessory structures to be regulated by this Code include but not limited to the following structures on the same lot as a One, Two, or Three-Family Structures.
(1) Accessory buildings such as garages and sheds. If the building is structurally independent of the main structure and over 200 sq. ft.
(2) Any other roofed structures such as a porch cover, carport or patio room over 200 square feet.
(3) Structures such as a deck, gazebo, or steps.
(4) Structures such as chimneys, fireplaces, other non-portable burning structures.
(5) Walls, posts, or columns used for supports including retaining walls retaining over 4 feet in height measured from the grade at the bottom of the retaining wall to the grade at the top of the wall.
(6) Antennae systems including any independent structures over twenty feet in height, or satellite dishes over three feet in diameter. Antennae systems over ten feet in height or thirty inches in diameter which are supported by another structure shall be regulated by the Code.
(b) Where this Code does not contain provisions for the installation or construction of the above accessory structures. Such structures shall be constructed in accordance with manufacturers' installation requirements or standard engineering practice regulating such construction.
(Ord. 39-06. Passed 11-6-06; Ord. 21-19. Passed 4-1-19.)