Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Application for registration shall be made to the Building Department on forms provided therefor.
(b) Qualifications for registration are as follows:
(1) The applicant shall be at least twenty-one years of age;
(2) The applicant shall have had a minimum of five years of practical experience; an affidavit to this effect shall be provided, except that a sewer layer need have only three years of practical experience; in lieu of experience required, the applicant may qualify with two years of technical training in an accredited school, plus two years of practical experience, or hold a degree from an accredited college or university in the business or trade in which he applies to be registered;
(3) The applicant shall provide any and all references and in the manner provided as may be requested on the application form;
(4) Each applicant shall provide proof of a twenty-five thousand dollar ($25,000) bond to be effective during the period of registration and the applicant shall provide proof of a twenty-five thousand dollar ($25,000) bond for any renewals.
(Ord. 87-311. Passed 12-7-87; Ord. 2017-29. Passed 3-20-17.)
(5) All registrations shall expire on December 31 of the year in which they are in force. Renewal of registration may be commenced thirty days prior to the expiration date. For renewal of registration, the final date will be January 31 within the year that the registration is to be renewed.
(Ord. 2000-238. Passed 11-20-00.)