Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The Board of Building Standards and Appeals shall consist of not less than five individuals, one from each of the following professional disciplines:
(1) A registered design professional, to wit: a registered architect, or a builder or superintendent of building construction with at least five years experience.
(2) A registered design professional with structural engineering or architectural experience.
(3) A registered design professional with mechanical or plumbing engineering experience or a mechanical or plumbing contractor with at least five years of experience.
(4) A registered design professional with electrical engineering experience or an electrical contractor with at least five years experience.
(5) A registered design professional with fire protection engineering experience or a fire protection contractor with at least five years of experience.
(b) Contractor appointees shall be registered in the Building Department.
(c) A member of Council, the City Engineer, the Chief Building Official, the Fire Chief or his or her designee, of the City, and the County Health Commissioner shall be members ex officio.
(d) No member shall participate in any proceeding in which that member has any personal, professional or financial interest.
(Ord. 95-289. Passed 12-18-95; Ord. 2013-69. Passed 6-3-13; Ord. 2017-5. Passed 2-6-17.)