Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Any user who is found to have violated any provision of this chapter, or any order issued by the Water Pollution Control Board, or any wastewater discharge permit may be fined not more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) for each offense. A separate offense shall be deemed committed each day during or on which a violation occurs or continues.
(b) In determining the amount of an administrative fine, the Water Pollution Control Board shall consider the following factors:
(1) Potential for harm from the discharge or violation;
(2) The seriousness and extent of the violation;
(3) The violator's good faith efforts to comply;
(4) The degree of cooperation or lack of cooperation by the violator;
(5) The violator's actual knowledge of the violation or degree of negligence or willfulness;
(6) The violator's history of compliance or noncompliance;
(7) The violator's financial circumstances; and
(8) Other unique factors specific to the violator or the case (including the strength of the case and competing policy concerns).
(c) Any administrative fines assessed by the Board against a user may be added to the user's next scheduled sewer service bill, and the City or Board shall have such collection remedies are as provided to collect other service charges.
(Ord. 2002-46. Passed 3-4-02.)