Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Applicability. These regulations shall apply to all boats on trailers, snowmobiles on trailers and other recreational vehicles, as defined in Illinois Motor Vehicle Code, in any zoning district. They shall not apply to mobile homes permanently affixed to the ground and used as a principal residence.
(B) Storage of recreational vehicles.
(1) Only one boat on a trailer, snowmobile on a trailer or other recreational vehicle shall be stored outside on any lot or parcel of land by the occupant of the subject lot or parcel, provided they are stored only in the rear yard. They shall not be stored in required front yard or corner side yards setbacks except as provided in division (D) below. All other recreational vehicles must be stored in a fully enclosed structure.
(2) Boats on trailers, snowmobiles on trailers and other recreational vehicles shall be located no closer than five feet to any rear or interior side lot line.
(3) In any district, the wheels of any similar transporting devices of a boat, boat trailer, snowmobile, snowmobile trailer or other recreational vehicle shall not be removed except for repairs, nor shall a boat, boat trailer, snowmobile, snowmobile trailer or other recreational vehicle be otherwise permanently affixed to the ground in a manner that would prevent removal of the boat, boat trailer, snowmobile, snowmobile trailer or recreational vehicle.
(C) Parking of recreational vehicles. All recreational vehicles must be maintained in a condition capable of safely completing its intended operation in compliance with the Illinois Vehicle Code and other applicable laws (the wheels and tongue, if any, shall not be removed except for repairs). Vehicle must exhibit a current license plate or valid registration.
(1) No recreational vehicle may be stored in front of house
(2) Must be five feet off side and back property line.
(3) Vehicles can be stored in driveway for 72 hours for loading and unloading purposes only.
(4) Only two trailers (recreational, snow mobile, boats) are allowed on a single property.
(D) Temporary storage and parking of recreational vehicles; boats; snowmobiles. A boat on a trailer, snowmobile on a trailer or other recreational vehicle may be placed, kept or maintained upon any lot or parcel of land without meeting the requirements of this section for a period not exceeding 72 hours for loading and unloading purposes.
(Ord. 656, passed 7-2-2001; Am. Ord. 953, passed 11-18-2009)