Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The responsibilities of the occupants are as follows:
(1) To keep the dwelling, dwelling unit, and premises he controls and occupies in a clean and sanitary condition.
(2) To dispose of garbage and rubbish in a clean and sanitary manner as prescribed by city regulation.
(3) To keep plumbing fixtures therein in a clean and sanitary condition and to exercise reasonable care in the proper use and operation thereof.
(4) To exterminate in all cases where the occupant of a single dwelling is responsible for the extermination of any insects, pests, rodents, or of a single dwelling unit if his unit is the only one affected. Notwithstanding the foregoing provision of this section, whenever infestation is caused by the failure of the owner to maintain the dwelling in a rat-proof or reasonable insect-proof condition, the occupant is not responsible for the extermination of any insects, rodents, or other pest therein.
(B) The responsibilities of the owner are as follows:
(1) To have the dwelling in clean, sanitary, habitable condition, to free from infestation before renting; to clean, repair, and exterminate if needed to meet aforementioned requirements before offering for rent.
(2) To exterminate in all cases when infestation exists in two or more units of a multiple-unit structure, when infestation exists in a shared or public area of a multiple-unit structure, when infestation exists in a single unit of a multiple-unit structure or in a single-unit structure, when infestation is due to failure of the owner to maintain the dwelling in a rat-proof and reasonably insect- proof condition, and to perform the responsibilities of the occupant when the premises are vacant.
('76 Code, § 210.12) Penalty, see § 151.99