§ 151.03  DEFINITIONS.
   For the purpose of this chapter the following definitions shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
   "APPROVED."  Constructed, installed, and maintained in accordance with the provisions of this chapter and other pertinent ordinances of the city.
   "BOARD."  The Board of Building and Housing Appeals established by this chapter.
   "BUILDING."  Any building or structure having a roof supported by columns or walls and intended for shelter, occupancy, or enclosure of persons, animals, or chattel.
   "BUILDING INSPECTOR."  The public officer or other authority charged with the administration of this chapter, or his duly authorized representative.
   "DWELLING."  Any building or mobile home, or part thereof, used and occupied for human habitation, or intended to be so used; provided that "temporary housing" as defined below shall not be regarded as a "DWELLING".
   "DWELLING UNIT."  Any room or group of rooms located within a dwelling and forming a single habitable unit with living, sleeping, cooking, eating, and sanitary facilities.
   "EXTERMINATION."  The control and elimination of insects, rodents, or other pests by eliminating their harborage places by removing or making inaccessible materials that may serve as their food; by poisoning, spraying, fumigating, trapping, or by any other recognized and legal pest elimination method.
   "GARBAGE."  The animal and vegetable waste resulting form the handling, preparation, cooking, and consumption of food.
   "HABITABLE ROOM."  A room or enclosed floor space used or intended to be used for living, sleeping, cooking, or eating purposes, excluding bathrooms, water closets, compartments, laundries, pantries, foyers, communicating corridors, closets, or storage space.
   "INFESTATION."  The presence within or around a dwelling of any insects, rodents, or other pests.
   "MOBILE HOME."  Any vehicle or similar portable structure on wheels, jacks, or permanent foundation and so designed or constructed as to permit occupancy for dwelling or sleeping purposes.
   "OCCUPANT."  Any person living, sleeping, cooking, or eating in or having actual possession of a dwelling unit, building, or portion of a building.
   "OWNER."  A holder of any legal or equitable title in the premises, whether alone or jointly with others, and whether in possession or not; or any person who shall have charge, care, or control of any dwelling, dwelling unit, or building as owner, or agent of the owner, or as executor, administrator, trustee, or guardian of the estate of the owner.
   "PARTIES IN INTEREST."  All individuals, associations, and corporations who have interests of record in a dwelling or building any who are in possession thereof.
   "PLUMBER."  A person licensed to do plumbing work.
   "PLUMBING."  The art of installing in buildings:  the pipes for distributing the water supply; the fixtures for using water and drainage pipes for recovering wastes, water, and sewage; together with the fittings and appurtenances of various kinds; all within or adjacent to the building and including the service pipe which forms the connection between the shut-off valve, the curb line, the building, and the house sewer, which conveys the waste water and sewage from the building to the street sewer or other point of disposal.  The house sewer includes private sewage disposal contraptions or other methods and storm or rain water pipings, if the waste water or sewage is discharged through or connection with the house sewer or house drain.
   "PORTABLE WATER."  Water duly approved as satisfactory for drinking.
   "PREMISES."  A platted lot, or part thereof, or unplatted parcel, or plot of land, either occupied or unoccupied by any dwelling or nondwelling structure. 
   "PUBLIC HALL."  Any room or group of rooms forming a single habitable unit used or intended to be used for living, and sleeping, but not for cooking or eating purposes.
   "RUBBISH."  All waste materials except garbage, and shall include the residue from the burning of wood, coal, coke, and other combustible material, paper rags, carton boxes, excelsior, rubber, leather, tree branches, yard trimmings, tin cans, materials, metals, mineral matters, glass, crockery, and dust.
   "TEMPORARY HOUSING."  Any tent, travel trailer or other portable structure, or vehicle used for human habitation or shelter which is not attached to the ground, another building, or structure, or any utility for more than 30 days consecutively.
('76 Code, § 210.10)