Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Appointment. There is hereby created the position of the Director of Community Services, who shall be appointed by the Director of the Department of Planning and Development, subject to the approval of Council. The Director of Community Services need not be a resident of the City at the time of his appointment, but shall become a resident thereof within six months after his appointment.
(b) Duties. The duties of the Director of Community Services shall include the following:
(1) The Director shall develop and coordinate the complete City recreation program.
(2) The Director shall develop and coordinate the Senior Citizens Program.
(3) The Director shall develop and coordinate all other community service programs authorized by Council or the Director of the Department of Planning and Development.
(4) The Director shall serve as an advisor to the Board of Park Commissioners.
(5) The Director shall perform such other duties as are assigned by the Director of the Department of Planning and Development.
(Ord. 46, 1975)