Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The following words, terms, and phrases, when used in this chapter, shall have the meanings ascribed to them in this section, except where the context clearly indicates a different meaning:
ADULT BOOKSTORE. An establishment having, as a substantial portion of its stock in trade, books, magazines, films or videotapes for sale or viewing on the premises by use of motion picture devices or other coin-operated means, and other periodicals which are distinguished by their emphasis on matter depicting, describing or relating to specified sexual activities or specified anatomical areas as such terms are defined in this section, or an establishment with a segment or section devoted to the sale or display of such material. Adult bookstores may alternatively or in conjunction with the above stock in trade sell undergarments and other clothing designed for the display of specified anatomical areas or for the enhancement of specified sexual activities. Further, an adult bookstore may alternatively or in conjunction with the above stock in trade sell prosthetic devices, dolls, candles, vibrators and other objects for sexual gratification which take the form of specified anatomical areas and for the purpose of enhancing specified sexual activities.
ADULT ENTERTAINMENT CABARET. An establishment offering to its patrons, as entertainment, any exhibition or display or any theatrical or other live performances which include topless or go-go dancers, exotic dancers, strippers, male or female impersonators, or similar entertainers, or any persons singing, reading, posing, modeling, or serving food or beverages, where the exhibition, performance, display or dance is intended to sexually arouse the entertainer or the patrons, or where the attire of persons involved is such as to expose specified anatomical areas, as defined in this section.
ADULT MOTION PICTURE THEATER. An enclosed building, regardless of its seating capacity, which is used to present for public view on the premises, films, movies, previews, trailers or advertisements which are distinguished by their emphasis on matter depicting, describing or relating to specified sexual activities or specified anatomical areas, as defined in this section.
ADULT USE. Includes adult bookstores, adult entertainment cabarets, and adult motion picture theaters as defined in this section.
SPECIFIED ANATOMICAL AREAS.
(1) Less than completely and opaquely covered human or animal genitals, pubic region, or pubic hair, buttocks; and female breasts below a point immediately above the top of the areola; and
(2) Genitals of humans or animals in a discernible turgid state, even if completely opaquely covered.
SPECIFIED SEXUAL ACTIVITIES.
(1) Human or animal genitals in the state of sexual stimulation or arousal.
(2) Acts or representations of acts of human or animal masturbation, sexual intercourse or sodomy, bestiality, oral copulation or flagellation.
(3) Fondling or erotic touching of human or animal genitals, pubic region, buttock or female breast.
(4) Excretory functions as part of or in connection with any activities set forth in subdivisions (1) and (2) of this definition.
(Ord. 04-43, passed 12-20-2004)