Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Words and phrases contained in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act, M.C.L.A. §§ 333.27101 et seq., the Medical Marihuana Act, M.C.L.A. §§ 333.26421 et seq., the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act, M.C.L.A. §§ 333.27951 et seq., and the rules or emergency rules promulgated pursuant to any of these acts shall have the definitions or descriptions as set forth in those acts.
(B) For purposes of the requirements for obtaining a permit under this chapter, the terms "facility" and "marihuana facility" are intended to include both a "marihuana facility" as defined in the MMFLA and a "marihuana establishment" as defined in the MRTMA.
(C) Additionally, the following words as used in this chapter setting forth the requirements for obtaining a city permit have the following meanings:
(1) APPLICANT. A person who applies for a city permit. With respect to disclosures in an application, or for purposes of eligibility for a permit, the term applicant includes an officer, director, and managerial employee of the applicant and a person who holds any direct or indirect ownership interest in the applicant.
(2) AUTHORIZED PERSON.
(a) An owner of a facility;
(b) The directors, officers, members, partners, and individuals of a facility that is a corporation, limited liability company, partnership, or sole proprietorship;
(c) Any person who is in charge of and on the premises of the facility during business hours.
(3) CITY PERMIT OR PERMIT. Unless the context requires a different meaning, means a valid permit that is issued under this chapter.
(4) CO-LOCATE. Any combination of marihuana retail facilities or provisioning centers that may operate as separate marihuana facilities at the same physical location.
(5) MARIHUANA. As defined in section 7106 of the Public Health Code, 1978 PA 368, M.C.L.A. §§ 333.7106 et seq., or as defined in the Michigan Medical Facilities Licensing Act or the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act, as applicable.
(6) MARIHUANA FACILITY. A location at which a licensee is licensed to operate under the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act or the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act and has obtained a permit for the location issued by the City of the Village of Douglas. The city limits the marihuana facilities to provisioning centers and retailers as defined in the MMFLA or in the MRTMA.
(7) MARIHUANA RETAILER. A person licensed by LARA to obtain marihuana from marihuana establishments and to sell or otherwise transfer marihuana to marihuana facilities and to individuals who are 21 years of age or older.
(8) MICHIGAN MEDICAL MARIHUANA ACT OR MMMA. The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act, as amended, M.C.L.A. §§ 333.26421 et seq., also referred to as the MMMA, and the administrative rules authorized by the MMMA.
(9) MICHIGAN REGULATION AND TAXATION OF MARIHUANA ACT OR MRTMA. The Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act, M.C.L.A. §§ 333.27951 et seq., and the rules or emergency rules promulgated pursuant to the MRTMA.
(10) PERMITTEE. A person holding a city permit under this chapter.
(11) PERSON. The entities included in the definition of "person" in § 15.12 of the City of the Village of Douglas City Code, in addition to the entities included in the definition of "person" in the MMFLA and the MRTMA.
(12) PROVISIONING CENTER. A licensee that is a commercial entity located in the city that purchases marihuana from a grower or processor and sells, supplies, or provides marihuana to registered qualifying patients, directly or through the patients' registered primary caregivers. A noncommercial location used by a primary caregiver to assist a qualifying patient connected to the caregiver through LARA's marihuana registration process in accordance with the MMMA is not a PROVISIONING CENTER for purposes of this chapter.
(13) SECURE TRANSPORTER. A person who operates as a "secure transporter" as defined in the MMFLA or a "marihuana secure transporter" as defined in the MRTMA or as both at the same location under common ownership.
(14) STATE MARIHUANA LICENSE. As used in the context of marihuana, or unless the context requires a different meaning, "license" means a state operating license that is issued under the Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act or a state license under the Michigan Regulation and Taxation of Marihuana Act.
(Ord. 01-2020, passed 2-17-2020)