Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The purposes of the Zoning Ordinance of the City of Denison are to:
1. Serve the public health, safety, and general welfare of the City and its jurisdiction.
2. Classify property in a manner that reflects its suitability for specific uses.
3. Provide for sound, attractive development within the City and its jurisdiction.
4. Encourage compatibility of adjacent land uses.
5. Protect environmentally sensitive areas.
6. Further the objectives of the Comprehensive Development Plan of the City of Denison.