Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The term “special event” as used in this section means a facility or area for which a temporary or limited license to sell alcoholic beverages has been issued or lawfully transferred, such as a street dance, community celebration, temporary beer garden, and similar types of activities. The sale of any alcoholic beverage at a special event shall be subject to the following restrictions:
1. The alcoholic beverages shall be served only in a specially designated bar area or areas which are physically separated from the remainder of the premises in a manner reasonably acceptable to the Chief of Police.
2. Only persons who are twenty-one (21) years of age or over shall be admitted to the specially designated bar area, except as otherwise specifically designated by City Council.
(Ord. 1485 - Sep. 18 Supp.)
3. Event organizers will ensure that all persons entering into or remaining within the specially designated bar area have been identified to ensure that they are 21 years of age or older.
4. Persons who are 21 years of age or over and are admitted to the special bar area shall receive some form of physical identification, such as a distinctive stamp or a wristband, which identifies their legal ability to purchase, possess, and consume alcoholic beverages.
5. No person shall be permitted to leave the specially designated area with any alcoholic beverages.
6. Event organizers are required to provide sufficient security personnel to ensure that only those over the age of 21 are permitted into the special bar areas and that no alcoholic beverages are removed from the special bar area.
7. All alcoholic beverages sold at special events shall be sold in aluminum cans, plastic bottles, or plastic cups. The sale of any beverage at a special event in a glass bottle or container is strictly prohibited.