Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The primary uses of the Public Art Fund shall be consistent with the purposes and goals of the Public Art Program.
(1) In general, 40% of each annual budget shall be designated for Public Art Programs.
(2) In general, 40% of each annual budget shall be designated for Public Art Projects.
(3) In general, no greater than 20% of each annual budget shall be designated for administration or operating expenses.
(4) Consideration shall be given to ensuring that annual distributions are equitable amongst recognized art groups or initiatives that are actively contributing to and supporting the goals of the Public Art Program.
(B) Use of funds held in the Public Art Fund are limited or not authorized for the following:
(1) In general, privately-owned artworks will be funded by private contributions, insured by the private owner, and maintained by the private owner;
(2) In general, city-owned artworks may be funded, insured and maintained by the city through the use of funds held in the Public Art Fund;
(3) In general, the Public Art Fund may not be used for expenses related to the ongoing operation of the artwork such as electrical, water or mechanical service required to activate or display the artwork(s) unless such artwork is owned by the city;
(4) In general, the Public Art Fund may not be spent on land acquisition, professional graphics, mass produced works, works not produced by an artist, and reproductions of other works.
(Ord. 2019-7, passed 7-16-2019)