Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Application for a floodplain development permit shall be made to the Floodplain Administrator on forms furnished by him or her prior to any development activities, and may include, but not be limited to, the following plans in duplicate drawn to scale showing the nature, location, dimensions, and elevations of the area in question; existing or proposed structures, earthen fill, storage of materials or equipment, drainage facilities, and the location of the foregoing. Specifically the following information is required:
(A) Application stage.
(1) A description of the proposed development;
(2) Location of the proposed development sufficient to accurately locate property and structure in relation to existing roads and streams;
(3) A legal description of the property site;
(4) A site development plan showing existing and proposed development locations and existing and proposed land grades;
(5) Elevation of the top of the lowest floor (including basement) of all proposed buildings. Elevation should be in NAVD 88 or NGVD;
(6) Elevation (in NAVD 88 or NGVD) to which any non-residential structure will be floodproofed;
(7) Description of the extent to which any watercourse will be altered or related as a result of proposed development; and
(B) Construction stage. Upon placement of the lowest floor, or floodproofing, it shall be the duty of the permit holder to submit to the Floodplain Administrator a certification of the NAVD 88 or NGVD elevation of the lowest floor or floodproofed elevation, as built. Said certification shall be prepared by or under the direct supervision of a registered land surveyor or professional engineer and certified by the same. When floodproofing is utilized for a particular structure said certification shall be prepared by or under the direct supervision of a professional engineer or architect and certified by same. Any work undertaken prior to submission of the certification shall be at the permit holder’s risk. (The Floodplain Administrator shall review the lowest floor and floodproofing elevation survey data submitted.) The permit holder shall correct deficiencies detected by such review before any further work is allowed to proceed. Failure to submit the survey or failure to make said corrections required hereby, shall be cause to issue a stop-work order for the project.
(Ord. 1-1993, passed 1-18-93; Am. Ord. 15-2009, passed 8-17-09) Penalty, see § 151.99