Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The exterior of each school bus shall be national school bus glossy yellow except as follows:
(1) The rooftop may be white.
(2) The fenders of school buses manufactured before January 1, 1976, may be black.
(3) Body trim, rub rails, lettering other than on a stop signal arm, and bumpers on a Type I school bus shall be glossy black.
(4) Lettering on a stop signal arm shall be white on a red background.
(5) Bumpers on a Type II school bus may be glossy black or a bright light, or colorless finish.
(6) The hood or upper cowl may be lusterless black, or lusterless school bus yellow.
(7) Grilles on the front, lamp trim and hubcaps may be a bright finish.
(8) The name or emblem of a manufacturer may be colorless or any color.
(B) The exterior paint of any school bus shall match the central value, hue, and chroma set forth in rules promulgated by the Department.
(ILCS Ch. 625, Act 5, § 12-801) (Ord. , passed ) Penalty, see § 70.999