Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) New Structures:
1. The building inspector shall notify the fire chief or designee with contact information of new businesses that would fall under this section.
2. Contractors or building owners may obtain applications for rapid entry key lockbox from the village fire chief or the chief's designee.
(B) Existing Structures:
1. The village fire department shall be responsible for administration of this section. The fire chief or the chief's designee shall notify the owner/operator by proper notice of compliance.
2. Owners/managers must obtain applications for rapid entry key lockboxes from the village fire chief or the chief's designee.
3. A copy of a completed application must be returned to the building inspector.
(C) Time For Compliance:
1. All existing buildings shall comply with the provisions of this section within twelve (12) months of the effective date hereof.
2. All newly constructed buildings not yet occupied or buildings currently under construction shall comply with the terms hereof prior to issuance of the certificate of occupancy.
(D) Penalty: All structures listed in section 5-5-1(A) that are not in compliance with this section within twelve (12) months from date of approval or any person who shall violate any provision of this chapter, upon conviction, shall be subject to a penalty for such violation as provided in section 5-3-13 of this code for each month until compliance has been met. (Ord. 891, 10-9-2019)