Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Standards for issuance. Upon application to the Village Clerk for a special event, the Village Clerk shall issue a permit if she or he finds that:
(1) The purpose of the special event is lawful;
(3) The special event will not interfere with another previously scheduled special event at the same location or in the immediate surrounding vicinity; and
(4) The Village Clerk determines that the special event will be located in an area of the village that is suitable for such event, taking into account such factors as noise, traffic, and anticipated attendance.
(B) Appeal procedure.
(1) Upon a denial by the Village Clerk of an application made pursuant to § 100.03, the applicant may appeal from the determination of the Village Clerk within five days thereafter to the Board of Trustees and Mayor by filing a written notice of appeal for hearing by the Board of Trustees and Mayor at their next regular meeting. Upon the appeal, the Board of Trustees and Mayor may reverse, affirm or modify in any regard the determination of the Village Clerk.
(2) In the event an application is not filed within the time required in § 100.03, the applicant may request a waiver of the requirement by the Board of Trustees and Mayor at their next regular meeting or at a special meeting which may be called prior thereto by the Board of Trustees and Mayor to consider the matter, and the Board of Trustees and Mayor, if they find unusual circumstances and in the exercise of sound discretion, may waive the requirement.
(Ord. 2330, passed 10-6-2016)