Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Creation of office. There is created the office or position of City Administrator, pursuant to and under the authority of the act of the General Assembly of the state, known as the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, being KRS Ch. 241 to 244.
(B) Compensation. Any compensation to be paid the City Administrator shall be established by the city’s salary ordinance or the city’s annual budget ordinance.
(C) City Administrator enforcement of section, duties and rule-making powers.
(1) The City Administrator shall be charged with the enforcement of the state’s Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, being KRS Ch. 241 to 244, and all other laws and ordinance, rules and regulations providing for the regulation of the manufacture and traffic in alcoholic beverages.
(2) (a) The City Administrator shall enter in a file, kept for that purpose, all orders, certificates and approvals of applications issued by him or her concerning the privilege of the manufacture and traffic in alcoholic beverages.
(b) The City Administrator shall be empowered to do all and sundry of those things required of him or her, pursuant to the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act, being KRS Ch. 241 to 244 and existing ordinances, rules and regulations of the city and such other laws and ordinances as may from time to time become effective.
(3) The City Administrator shall be empowered to make such rules and regulations as are necessary properly to enforce the above laws and not in conflict herewith.
(D) Appointment; oath; bond. The City Administrator shall take office on his or her appointment and on taking the oath as required by applicable state law.
(E) Functions of City Administrator. The functions of the City Administrator shall be in accord with the provisions of the laws of the state pertaining to alcoholic beverages, their administration and control.
(F) Action on license application; appeals.
(1) When an application is filed with the City Administrator for a license to do business in accord with the provisions of this chapter, the City Administrator shall either approve or disapprove the application, transmitting the application, together with his or her recommendations thereon, and the reasons therefor, to the state’s Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.
(2) Appeals from order of the City Administrator shall be prosecuted in accord with the provisions of the laws of the state.
(1984 Code, § 111.023) (Ord. O-6-82, passed 2-2-1982; Ord. O-13-94, passed 4-12-1994; Ord. O-01-20, passed 1-14-2020)
Alcoholic beverages, see KRS Ch. 242 et seq.
City Administrator, see KRS 241.160