Skip to code content (skip section selection)
ORDINANCE NO. 10.19
AN ORDINANCE APPROVING, ADOPTING AND ENACTING THE CODIFIED ORDINANCES OF THE CITY OF CORYDON, KENTUCKY
WHEREAS, the City of Corydun is authorized by KRS 83A.060(5) to adopt a codification of local legislation by reference; and
WHEREAS, the City of Corydon has created a codification of legislation covering the following subjects:
Title I : General Provisions
Title III : Administration
Title V : Public Works
Title VII : Traffic Code
Title IX : General Regulations
Title XI : Business Regulations
Title XIII : General Offenses
Title XV : Land Usage
TSO : Table of Special Ordinances
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY OF CORYDON, KENTUCKY, as follows:
(1) That the ordinances of the City of Corydon, Kentucky of a general and permanent nature, as prepared by the American Legal Publishing Company and copyrighted 1988 and as attached hereto and made a part of this ordinance as if fully copied herein, are hereby approved, adopted and enacted as the Code of Ordinances of the City of Corydon, Kentucky.
(2) A copy of the Code of Ordinances, as adopted, shall accompany this ordinance and shall be made a part of the permanent records of the City pursuant to KRS 83A.060(5).
(3) The Codified Ordinances contain all of the provisions of a general and permanent nature pertaining to the subjects therein enumerated and embraced. All prior ordinances and parts of ordinances in force on September 10, 1988 which are incorporated in or pertain to the subjects enumerated and embraced in this Code of Ordinances are hereby repealed prospectively as of September 10, 1988.
(4) The repeal of ordinances as provided in section (3) hereof, however, shall not affect:
(a) Any ordinance of a temporary nature, or any ordinance pertaining to subjects not enumerated and embraced in the Code of Ordinances;
(b) Any offense or act committed or done, or any penalty or forfeiture incurred, or any contract or right established or accruing before September 10, 1988;
(c) Any ordinance or resolution promising or guaranteeing the payment of money to or by the City, authorizing the issuance of any bonds or notes of the City, or any other evidence of City indebtedness, or any contract or obligation assumed by the City;
(d) Any right or franchise conferred by any ordinance or resolution to any person or corporation;
(e) Any ordinance levying or imposing taxes, assessments, charges;
(f) Any prosecution, suit, or other proceeding pending, or any judgment rendered on or prior to September 10, 1988; or
(g) Any ordinance which may be adopted by this City after September 10, 1988.
(5) This Ordinance shall forthwith be published in accordance with KRS 83A.060(9) and shall become effective as of September 10, 1988.
August 13, 1988 Passed on 1st reading
September 10, 1988 Adopted on 2nd reading
September 12, 1988 Signed by Mayor
September 14, 1988 Published in full
Recorded by Clerk
C.W. Watson /s/
Catherine Brown /s/