Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(1) No furniture (except lawn furniture in good repair), mattresses, household furnishings, rugs, appliances, abandoned railroad ties, tires or wheels, shall be placed or stored in any yard area, including driveways and parking areas contiguous to any structure within the City over a period in excess of twenty-four (24) hours. Items for Municipal refuse hauling may be placed streetside for a period of forty-eight (48) hours prior to the next regularly scheduled Municipal refuse hauling date.
(2) Exterior property areas of all premises shall be kept free of debris, objects, materials or conditions that, in the opinion of the Director of Public Service or duly authorized representative, create a health, accident or fire hazard, or are a public nuisance, or constitute a blighting or deteriorating influence on the neighborhood. Broken glass, filth, garbage, trash and debris shall not be permitted on any property.
(b) Trees, Grass and Shrubbery
(1) All trees, shrubs or plants shall be trimmed and dead, decayed or broken portions thereof shall be removed.
(2) Grass and weeds shall be maintained, controlled and cut in conformance with the City Codified Ordinances.
(c) Appurtenant Structures
(1) All structures located in the yard area contiguous to all zoning categories within the City, such as sheds, barns, garages, bins, and the like, shall be maintained in good repair and in conformance with other provisions of this chapter having regard to foundations, roofs, and exterior surfaces.
(2) Any broken, deteriorated or decayed fence, yard enclosure, or other device or structure located in the yard area contiguous to all zoning categories within the City shall be repaired or removed.
(1) A driveway is that area giving access and egress to motor vehicles from the street to the garage, a parking area, and having a surface of concrete, asphalt, or other suitable material, and shall be constructed and maintained in accordance with specifications of the Building Code of the City.
(e) Ground-Surface Hazards. Holes, cracks, excavations, breaks, projections
and obstructions at any place on the premises which, in the opinion of the Director of Public Service or duly authorized representative, are a hazard to persons using the premises shall not be permitted.
(Ord. 0-64-05. Passed 12-5-05.)