Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A demolition permit shall be granted only upon the completion of the following:
(a) That said applicant has completed and signed an application for demolition which includes the following:
(1) The name and address of the landowner
(2) A signed contract for the demolition including the name and address of the contractor or person who is performing the demolition. The contractor or the homeowner shall provide proof of insurance in an amount equal to at least five hundred thousand dollars ($500,000.00). *
(3) For single-family dwellings and duplexes, performance bond in the amount of the contract price or cash deposit pursuant to Section 110.12 of the Codified Ordinances.
(4) For Multi-family buildings larger than a duplex, commercial and industrial buildings, a performance bond or cash deposit in the amount equal to the contract price for the demolition. *
(5) The name and address of the facility that is accepting the demolition material.
(6) A signed statement that all utilities have been cut off and a statement signed by the water and the sewer superintendent that water and sewer have been appropriately capped.
(7) Certification that the applicant has complied with all requirements of the Ashtabula County Building Department and the Ohio EPA rules governing the removal of asbestos.
*This requirement may be waived or modified by the Planning and Zoning Manager for residential accessory structures.
(Ord. 26-21. Passed 6-14-21.)