Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) The provisions contained in this chapter are intended to prohibit the infringement of any businesses in any district by regulating the term and frequency of garage sales, so as not to disturb or disrupt the residential nature of the area.
(b) The provisions and prohibitions hereinafter contained are enacted not to prevent but to regulate garage sales for the public health, safety and welfare of the City’s residents.
(c) This chapter shall not apply to:
(1) Nonprofit corporations, churches, temples or recognized fraternities, sororities, clubs or lodges conducting homes sales, provided that such nonprofit corporations, churches, temples or recognized fraternities, sororities, clubs or lodges conduct their sales on real estate owned and/or occupied by such organizations; and
(2) Sales conducted by nonconforming businesses located in any Zoning Districts; and
(3) Persons selling goods pursuant to an order or process of a court of competent jurisdiction; and
(4) Persons acting in accordance with their powers and duties as public officials; and
(5) Any sale conducted by any merchant or mercantile or other business establishment from or at a place of business wherein such sale would be permitted by the zoning regulations of the City or under the protection of the nonconforming use section thereof or any other sale conducted by a manufacturer, dealer or vendor and which sale would be conducted from properly zoned premises and not otherwise prohibited in other ordinances.
(Ord. 72-05. Passed 8-8-05.)