Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) General Regulations.
(1) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm, partnership, corporation or association to sponsor a special event within the City without first obtaining a license therefor in compliance with the provisions of this chapter.
(2) The terms and conditions imposed by this chapter shall not apply to City- sponsored activities.
(b) License Application. Any person, firm, partnership, corporation or association desiring to sponsor a special event shall apply to the City Manager for a license under the provisions of this chapter within sixty (60) days prior to the event on forms provided by the City which shall include:
(1) The name and description of the event sponsor, including full name, driver's license number and type of sponsoring organization.
(2) Permanent home or business address, including phone number and email, of the event sponsor.
(3) The names, addresses and phone numbers of each participant operating under the applicant's sponsorship with a signed agreement holding the City harmless and indemnify the City for any damages or injuries arising from the acts, omissions or negligence of the participant, its agents and employees.
(4) A brief description of the event, including:
A. The length of time which the event will continue;
B. The hours of operation;
C. The types of activities associated with the event (parades, sale of goods and foodstuffs, dances, concerts, etc.);
D. Approximate number of participants and guests expected;
E. The location of the event within the City.
(5) A description of any City property, streets, alleys, easements or rights of way intended for use and the dates and times that the use is requested.
(6) An application fee in the amount of $ $100.00, except for verified tax exempt nonprofit organizations.
(7) A restoration deposit in the amount of $500.00, to be returned to the applicant provided that the applicant has cleared the grounds clear of trash and debris within six (6) hours after the event, and any damage to public property arising from the sponsor's special event is repaired within 48 hours.
(8) Liability insurance in the amount of $500,000.00 naming the City as additionally insured for any participant engaged in the sale of alcoholic beverages, including a current and valid copy of the license.
(9) For activities which pose unusual or serious risks to the health, safety or welfare of the community or those attending the event, the City Manager may require additional insurance coverage from the sponsor.
(c) Special Requirements. The following requirements shall apply to applications:
(1) City Council, upon just cause, may waive the application period by a majority vote.
(2) Any application which requests the use of City services or personal property must be submitted more than sixty (60) days prior to the event. The City Manager shall review and grant all such requests which are determined not to adversely affect the operations of the City or the health, safety and welfare of the community and may charge the applicant a reasonable fee.
(3) In the event that a vendor, peddler or transient merchant arrives at the event during the 24-hour period preceding the event, and his participation was unknown to the sponsor, the City Manager may waive the 24-hour rule if the participant is approved by the sponsor in writing.
(4) Late Application. The City Manager, where good cause is shown therefor, shall have the authority to consider an application hereunder which is filed not less than twenty-eight (28) days before such event.
(Ord. 56-16. Passed 6-27-16.)