Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) This agreement entered into by the City of Jackson and the township on January 11, 1993.
(B) It is agreed between the parties hereto as follows:
(1) The hazardous material unit shall be dispatched to the township, if said unit is available and is requested by the command officer at the scene of hazardous material incident or spill.
(2) In the event that the hazardous material unit renders services to the township, the township agrees to pay to the City of Jackson all of the costs and expenses related to said response, including labor, material, equipment and any other expenses directly related to said response. Said reimbursement shall not include services rendered by hazardous material unit members who are members of the Fire Department or Public Safety Department of the township.
(3) In order for the City of Jackson to collect a billing for the hazardous material unit, the city shall send an itemized bill to the township setting forth the nature of the services rendered, and itemizing each cost to the township. Said bill shall be due and payable to the City of Jackson within 45 days after said bill is sent to the township.
(4) This agreement may be terminated at will by either party, but in the event that the City of Jackson elects to terminate said agreement, it shall reimburse the township for its initial contribution to the hazardous material unit. Notice of termination shall be given to the other party in writing.
(5) This agreement shall become effective on April 13, 1993 and shall be of indefinite duration.
(Ord. 12, passed 1-11-1993)