Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The primary fire limits of the town are, by authority of G.S. § 160A-435, established and described as follows:
(1) Entire block bounded by Minnie, Main, McKinley and Washington Streets;
(2) Entire block bounded by Main, Minnie, Railroad and Washington Streets;
(3) Entire Block bounded by Main, McKinley, Lemon and Railroad Streets;
(4) East one-half of block bounded by Main, Carrie, Washington and McKinley Streets;
(5) East one-half of block bounded by Main, Railroad, Lemon and McKinley Streets;
(6) South one-third of block bounded by Main, Railroad, Lemon and Ida Streets;
(7) North one-half of block bounded by Main, Railroad, Washington and Ida Streets;
(8) Entire block bounded by McKinley, Stewart, Railroad and Pope Streets;
(9) Entire block bounded by McKinley, Pope, Dooley and Railroad Streets; and
(10) Entire block bounded by McKinley, Stewart, Carrie Streets (if extended north) and a proposed street located approximately 600 feet north of and parallel to Stewart Street.
(B) No construction or alterations of any kind or description shall be made in either of the above set out fire districts without a building permit and full compliance with ordinances governing construction in the town.
(Prior Code, § 96.01) Penalty, see § 10.99
Establishment of and restrictions within free limits, G.S. §§ 160A-435 and 160A-436