Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Pursuant to G.S. §§ 160A-193, 160A-303 and 160A-303.2, the town is authorized to regulate, restrain or prohibit abandoned, nuisance and junked motor vehicles on public and private property within the town’s ordinance-making jurisdiction.
(B) The town finds it necessary and desirable to promote or enhance:
(1) The quality of urban attractiveness and aesthetic appearance of the town;
(2) The protection of property values throughout the town;
(3) The preservation of the liveability and attractiveness of neighborhoods;
(4) The promotion of tourism, conventions, and other opportunities for economic development for the town; and
(5) The promotion of the comfort, happiness and emotional stability of occupants of property in the vicinity of junked motor vehicles.
(Prior Code § 92.30) (Ord. passed 5-9-1991; Ord. passed 12-12-2002)