Skip to code content (skip section selection)
For the purpose of this subchapter, the following definition shall apply unless the context clearly indicates or requires a different meaning.
NUISANCE. A condition or activity which:
(1) Endangers the health, safety, or welfare of the public or of any individual;
(2) Causes injury to property;
(3) Interferes with any individuals possession or ordinary use or enjoyment of his or her property;
(4) Is in any way offensive or noxious by reason of emission of odors, gases, smoke, dust, light, vibrations, or noise;
(5) Constitutes an eye sore or nuisance to adjacent property owners or to:
(a) Residents of the town; or
(b) The town generally.
(6) Is determined by the General Assembly to be a public nuisance or a safety and health hazard (such as abandoned motor vehicles pursuant to I.C. 9-22-1).
(Prior Code, § 6-44) (Ord. 1994-10, passed 7-25-1994)