Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) The application to drive a taxicab or vehicle for hire shall be made upon a driver’s permit application furnished by the town for such purpose, signed and sworn to by the applicant, and shall contain the following information:
(1) The full name, age, and address of the applicant.
(2) The length of time of his residence in the county and in the state and whether or not he is a citizen of the United States.
(3) His full personal description, including his height, weight, race, color of eyes, complexion, color of hair, body and facial marks and defects, if any.
(4) His previous experience in driving taxicabs and for-hire vehicles carrying passengers.
(5) Whether or not he has been charged with the violation of any federal or state law or municipal ordinance in this state or elsewhere, and full information concerning any and all such charges.
(6) The number and date of the state driver's license issued to the applicant.
(B) In addition to the other requirements of this section, the applicant shall furnish to the Chief of Police such other relative facts as he may deem necessary and advisable.
(Ord. passed 6-20-94 ; Am. Ord. 2007-05-01, passed 5-7-07 ) Penalty, see § 10.99