Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Special activities.
(1) It shall be unlawful to engage in special activities including flying model airplanes, golf practice, ice skating, games, and picnics except at locations specifically designated for these activities by the park's Director. Areas for these activities may be reserved by groups for use at specified times.
(2) It shall be unlawful to swim, ice skate, fish, trap, frog-gig, turtle hunt or engage in any other similar activity in or around Ray Lawrence Park, Wooded View Golf Course, the Clarksville Town Center, or on any other town or park property which is posted to prohibit those activities.
(1) It shall be unlawful to drive or park any automobile, or motor vehicle of any type, except on a street, driveway, or parking lot in any park, or to park or leave any vehicle in any place other than one established for public parking. All vehicles shall observe a 15 MPH speed limit.
(2) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to operate an all-terrain vehicle, a motorized trail bike, or any other similar motorized, unlicensed vehicle on any portion of park property in any town park.
(3) It shall be unlawful to park any type of vehicle overnight in a town park.
(1) It shall be unlawful to bring any dangerous animal into any park, and it shall be unlawful to permit any dog to be in any park unless accompanied by its owner and under control at all times.
(2) It shall be unlawful to ride a horse in any park, except in areas approved for riding.
(3) It shall be unlawful to hunt or molest wildlife in any park.
(4) It shall be unlawful to feed ducks, geese and other wild fowl, as well as similar activities, in or around the Clarksville Town Center or in Clarksville parks which are posted to prohibit those activities.
(D) Sales. It shall be unlawful for any person other than employees or officials of the Parks and Recreation Board, or individuals acting on behalf of the Parks and Recreation Board, to vend, sell, peddle, or offer for sale any commodity or article within the park.
(E) Signs. It shall be unlawful for anyone to paste, glue, tack, or otherwise post any sign, placard, advertisement, or inscription whatsoever, nor shall any person erect or cause to be erected any sign whatsoever on any public lands or highways or roads adjacent to a park; provided that these provisions shall not apply to any properly authorized government official in pursuit of any official duty.
('86 Code, § 14-45) (Ord. 77-3350, passed 8-29-77; Am. Ord. 2004-G-01, passed 1-27-04; Am. Ord. 2004-G-02, passed 1-27-04; Am. Ord. 2004-G-03, passed 1-27-04; Am. Ord. 2005-G-06, passed 9-13-05) Penalty, see § 10.99