Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) There is hereby established in the county a County Planning Commission under the authority and pursuant to the provisions of Chapter 174 of the Acts of Indiana General Assembly of 1947.
(B) The County Plan Commission shall consist of nine members as follows:
(1) One member selected by the Board of County Commissioners from its membership. The term of such member shall be coextensive with term of office to which he or she has been elected, unless such Board at its first meeting of each year appoints another member to serve as its representative;
(2) The County Superintendent of Schools by virtue of his or her office;
(3) The County Surveyor by virtue of his or her office;
(4) The County Agricultural Agent by virtue of his or her office; and
(5) Five citizen members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners. Such citizen members shall be appointed by the following terms:
(a) One for a term of one year;
(b) One for a term of two years;
(c) One for a term of three years; and
(d) Two for a term of four years.
(C) The terms shall expire on the first Monday of January of the first, second, third or fourth year, respectively, following their appointment. Thereafter, as the terms expire, each new appointment shall be for a term of four years. Not more than three of such citizen members shall be members of the same political party. Such citizen members shall be qualified by knowledge and experience in matters pertaining to the development of the county and shall hold no other office in county government. Such members shall be residents of the county and shall be chosen by location of residence within the county, one from each Commissioner district and two chosen at large.
(Ord. 1-3-51, passed 1-3-1951)