Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) No driver shall double park or double stop a vehicle under the following conditions:
(1) Within 50 feet of an intersection except alley intersections, or within ten feet of an alley intersection;
(2) Opposite a double parked or double stopped vehicle across the street;
(3) When such double parking or double stopping would or does block or interfere materially with the normal movement of traffic;
(4) When parking space adjacent to the curb is available;
(5) When directed by a police officer to move on; or
(6) In any position other than parallel to the curb and within two feet of the adjacent vehicle parked next to the curb.
(B) A driver may double park or double stop a vehicle only as authorized in this section. There must be a licensed driver in any vehicle while it is double parked or double stopped.
(C) A driver may double stop for the purpose of, but only while actually engaged in, the expeditious loading or unloading of passengers, subject, however, to all the general conditions herein set out.
(D) A driver may double park for the purpose of, but only while actually engaged in, the expeditious loading or unloading of merchandise, subject, however, to all the general conditions herein set out. No such vehicle shall be double parked longer than ten minutes.
(`83 Code, § 15-721) Penalty, see § 72.99