Skip to code content (skip section selection)
The fees for impounding and maintaining an animal which shall be paid upon redemption shall be as follows:
(A) For any horse, mule, donkey, pony, cow or similar large animal:
(1) Impound fee: $50; and
(2) Daily maintenance: $25.
(B) For any dog, cat, hog, sheep, goat or other animal of similar size:
(1) Impound fee: First offense: $10;
(2) Impound fee: Second offense: $20;
(3) Impound fee: Third offense: $50; and
(4) Daily maintenance: $5. In computing the fee, a fraction of a day during which an animal has been fed shall be deemed a full day.
(C) For any fowl or similar animal:
(1) Impound fee: $2; and
(2) Daily maintenance: $1.
(D) Disposal fee: $15.
(E) Fees for person releasing an animal to the city shall be:
(1) Of an individual canine/feline: $20.
(2) Of a litter of puppies or kittens: $50.
(3) Of any unvaccinated canine/feline that has bitten and is requiring rabies testing by the city contracted veterinarian: $75.
(Ord. 2009-10, passed 5-18-09; Am. Ord. 2012-9, passed 6-18-12) Penalty, see § 10.99