Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) An Animal Control Officer of the City may be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of Council.
(b) The Animal Control Officer shall be under the direction of the Chief of Police.
(c) The duties of the Animal Control Officer shall be as follows:
(1) Enforce State and Municipal laws as they pertain to animal control;
(2) Have the authority to issue citations;
(3) Maintain and clean the animal pound in accordance with State and Municipal regulations;
(4) Be courteous and professional while working in his or her official capacity;
(5) Collect and dispose of animals according to State and Municipal laws, policies or regulations;
(6) Provide a written report to the Chief of Police and the Mayor on the first day of each month;
(7) Maintain accurate records;
(8) Be responsible for all equipment issued by the City; and
(9) Make a timely response to all calls.
(d) The Animal Control Officer shall receive such salaries, fees and other compensation as shall be determined from time to time by the Mayor and Council.
(Ord. 732. Passed 1-11-99.)