Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It is unlawful and a public nuisance for any person to maintain or allow any structure to become unsafe, unsanitary or deficient.
(B) A structure shall be deemed unsafe, unsanitary or deficient if any of the following conditions are present:
(1) Inadequate means of egress facilities;
(2) Inadequate light or ventilation;
(3) It constitutes a fire hazard;
(4) It is infested with rodents, insects or other pests that pose a risk to public health or safety;
(5) It contains an accumulation of litter, garbage, refuse, trash or other unsanitary material;
(6) It is otherwise dangerous to human life or the public welfare;
(7) It involves illegal or improper occupancy;
(8) It has missing or broken exterior windows, doors, or fences, or other inadequate maintenance to the degree that it poses a danger of physical injury to any person or animal;
(9) It is a vacant structure and is not secured against entry.
(Ord. 2019-864, passed 7-23-2019)