Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Construction of marquees.
(1) Marquees shall be constructed of noncombustible materials and shall not project within 18 inches of the curb line. No portion of any marquee shall be less than nine feet above the level of the sidewalk or other public thoroughfare.
(2) The roofs of all marquees shall be properly guttered and connected by downspouts to a storm water sewer so that water will not drip or flow onto public property.
(3) All applicable building permits shall be secured.
(B) Marquee signs.
(1) Marquee signs shall be constructed of noncombustible materials; however, the facings, letters, figures and decorations thereof may be, made of approved combustible plastics.
(2) Marquee signs may be attached to the sides and front of a marquee, and such signs may extend the entire length and width of the marquee. Such marquee signs may also be attached to, or hung from a marquee. When hung from a marquee shall be at least nine feet at their lowest level above the sidewalk level and, further, no such sign shall extend beyond the line of such marquee.
(C) Projecting signs. Projecting signs installed over marquees shall not be supported by the marquee.
(Ord. passed 6-14-88) Penalty, see § 152.99