Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Duration of permits. Permits for temporary signs shall authorize the erection of the signs and their maintenance for a period not over 30 days.
(1) Temporary signs shall not exceed 50 square feet in area.
(2) Frames may be of wood. Panels may be of approved wall board. Cloth or plastic panels or pennants shall be treated so as to be flame retardant.
(1) Temporary signs shall be attached to the wall of the building with wire or steel cables and no strings, ropes or wood slats for anchorage or, support purposes shall be permitted.
(2) No temporary sign shall be erected so as to prevent free ingress to or egress from any door, window, fire escape or ventilating equipment, nor shall any sign be attached to any stand pipe or fire escape.
(3) No temporary sign shall extend over or into any street, alley, sidewalk or other public thoroughfare a distance greater than 24 inches from the wall upon which it is erected, and shall not be placed or projected over any wall opening.
(D) Advertising permitted. The advertising contained on any temporary sign shall pertain only to the business conducted on or within the premises on which such sign is erected or maintained. The provision shall not apply to signs of a civic, political or religious nature.
(Ord. passed 6-14-88) Penalty, see § 152.99