Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) It shall be unlawful for any person or entity to engage in the business of peddler, solicitor, transient merchant, locksmith, refuse collector, precious metal and gem dealer, junk dealer, closing out sales, pawn broker or to operate a pool room, bicycles, taxicab business, circus, side show, menagerie, exhibitions, mechanical amusement devices, carnival, amusement riding and moving device which includes ferris wheels, merry-go-rounds, whirligigs, and roller coasters, sexually oriented business, tobacco business, and tattoo business and body piercing business within the corporate limits of the city without first obtaining a license therefor as provided herein.
(B) The several businesses, activities or things requiring licenses are set forth below. All fees, hours of operation and other administrative necessities for the businesses, activities or things listed shall be established from time to time by resolution of the City Council upon recommendation of the City Manager.
(1) Amusement riding and moving devices which shall include every device usually found in amusement parks, operated for profit, including but not limited to: ferris wheels, merry-go-rounds, whirligigs and roller coasters. Whenever operated by the same management as any show, carnival or circus otherwise licensed as herein provided, such license shall be deemed to include and be in lieu of the license fees enumerated under this heading.
(3) Circuses, menageries, carnivals, exhibitions and side shows.
(4) Closing out sales.
(5) Junk dealers. Markings are required on each vehicle: name and address of licensee in letters at least five inches high.
(10) Transient merchants.
(11) Pool and billiard rooms.
(12) Precious metal and gem dealers.
(13) Refuse collector.
(14) Taxicab business.
(15) Sexually oriented business.
(16) Mechanical amusement devices.
(17) Tobacco business.
(18) Tattoo business and body piercing business.
(Ord. passed 7-28-98) Penalty, see § 110.99