§ 151.02 HOUSE MOVING.
   (A)   No person shall move, transport or convey any building or other similar bulky or heavy object, including machinery, trucks and trailers, larger in width than eight feet eight inches or higher than 13 feet six inches above the surface of the roadway, into, across or along any street, alley or other public place in the city without first obtaining a house moving permit from the Manager. Such permit shall specify the route to be used in such movement and no person shall engage in such movement along a route other than that specified in the permit. No house moving permit shall be granted until the applicant shall pay for a permit and comply with insurance and performance bond requirements found in a cash deposit in § 151.22 of this chapter; additionally, all costs associated for city services associated for with such action as contemplated in this section shall be assigned to the owner and reimbursed to the city or paid as a deposit in advance of the activity. Such costs shall include but not be limited to utility moving or replacement, traffic control, and damage to infrastructure or property. The Manager shall have the power to regulate the time and date of house moving requests to account for traffic and special event demands of the community.
   (B)   This section shall not be construed as to limit the transportation of wide or oversized loads on the state or federal highway which may be lawfully permitted nor shall this section limit the transportation of boats or marine vessels along routes of the city which the Police Chief shall from time to time publish in consultation with other city staff.
(Prior Code, § 4.50) (Ord. 818, passed 6-1-2020) Penalty, see § 10.99