Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Any person, firm, corporation or owner of a lot or parcel of land within the City which is zoned industrial, commercial or Residential R-3 or R-4 District, shall require a site development permit from the City Manager before initiating any alteration of the existing grade or topography, or before the erection of any building or addition to any building or before altering or redirecting a drainage course or parcel of land within the City.
(b) A change in the existing grade or topography for any purpose, including excavation, shall be subject to a site development permit. The City Manager may require an application, consisting of but not limited to the following information depending upon the nature and scope of the proposed operation:
(1) The full name, address and telephone number of the applicant and, if the applicant is a partnership, the full name, address and telephone number of each of the partners; if the applicant is a corporation, the name and address of its principal officers.
(2) If the persons other than the owner are interested in securing a permit, the owner shall join in, sign and be made a party to the application for such permit and shall agree to be bound by any condition imposed or made a part of such permit.
(3) A general description of the location of the lot or parcel of land on which the proposed alteration will be conducted. The method by which any soil or substance is to be removed from, or deposited on, such land, and the type of equipment that wrn be used; specifying further, the type of equipment that may be left upon the land between the comrnencement and completion of the operation.
A description of the general type of substance which is to be deposited on the lot or parcel of land.
A work schedule setting forth the proposed time limits within which the operation will be commenced and completed showing daily hours of operation, proposed haul roads within the City if over road vehicles are employed, methods of traffic control, methods of maintenance to insure that public rights of way are kept undisturbed, clean and safe along or in the vicinity of the proposed haul roads or to the land involved. It shall be the applicant's responsibility to insure compliance with all provisions under which the site development permit is issued.
(4) The preparation, submission and approval of a site development plan depicting the proposed alteration to the existing grade or topography. The grading and drainage plan shall contain the details as set forth in this section and be approved by the City Engineer before the site development permit is issued.
(5) The plan shall be prepared to the following scale:
Parcel (Acres) Scale (Inch to Feet)
1 or less 1 to 10
Over 1 to 5 1 to 30
Over 5 1 to 50
(6) A general location map showing the affected property and its relationship to the neighboring community or the closest intersection, the scale of all drawings and a symbol to depict the north direction.
(7) Show lot dimensions bearings, total lot acreage, lot or block number, and the location and description of a bench mark, The bench mark used shall be related to a U.S.G.C. bench mark, if available, or a permanent and convenient point shall be established in the near vicinity and remain undisturbed during construction.
(8) Show the location and elevations of the first floor of all existing buildings on and within 100 feet of such lot or parcel of land.
(9) Show existing elevations of the street centerline, top of curb, (if any), edge of pavement or gutter line, bottom of ditches, property lines, back edge of sidewalks, and at convenient intervals to adequately depict existing conditions.
(10) Show existing and proposed elevations or contour lines at two foot minlm-jm intervals for all land within 100 feet of such lot. No grade changes shall be permitted at, or outside, the property lines of such lot.
(11) Show the location of all existing and proposed utilities such as sanitary sewers, storm sewers, water lines, gas lines, etc., within the vicinity of the lot. Show rim and invert elevations of all existing and proposed manholes, catch basins and storm sewer outfalls. A fire hydrant shall be located within 300 feet of all points of a proposed building. The distance shall be measured as the hose lies. If it is deemed necessary to construct a fire line and hydrant, the line shall be eight inches in diameter and constructed to City specifications.
(12) Show all street rights of way, street names, proposed grading, sidewalks, driveways, curbs, ditches, easements, pavements, and other features deemed necessary to clearly illustrate the nature of the proposed construction.
(13) Show all off-street parking, parking bays and loading docks indicating type of surface and number of parking spaces proposed and required. Hard surfaces and storm sewers are required for all parking areas.
(14) Show proposed erosion and sedimentation control measures indicating temporary and permanent practices and methods which will be implemented during all phases of clearing, grading and construction as required by the Geauga County Soil Erosion Sedimentation Regulations. If a conflict arises between the requirements of the City Engineer and the Geauga County Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Regulations, the requirements of the City Engineer shall prevail.
(15) Indicate the number of floors, floor area, building height, and location of each building proposed. For a multi-family residential development, the location, total number, size and type of dwelling units shall be shown.
(16) The total percentage of the parcel of land covered by the proposed and/or existing buildings shall be shown.
(17) The full name, address and telephone number of the applicant and, if the applicant is a partnership, the full name and address of the partners. If the applicant is a corporation, the name and address of its principal officers.
(18) The site development plan shall be prepared by persons professionally qualified to do such work and shall be sealed by an architect, engineer or land surveyor duly registered by the State of Ohio, and include the name, address and telephone number of such person preparing the plan.
(Ord. 1021. Passed 12-28-85.)