Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Smoking banned in all town-owned buildings.
(1) The purpose of this section shall be the regulation of smoking and the use of other tobacco products in all public buildings owned by the town.
(2) It is the intent of the town to adopt I.C. 7.1-5-12 as the policy of the town as it would relate to public properties and the town.
(3) For purposes of the section the definitions as set forth in I.C. 7.1-5-12 shall apply.
(B) Smoking is prohibited in the following:
(1) A public place;
(2) A place of employment;
(3) A vehicle owned, leased, or operated by the town if the vehicle is being used for a governmental function;
(4) The area within 8 feet of a public entrance to:
(a) A public place; or
(b) A place of employment.
(C) The town shall inform each of the town’s employees and prospective employees of the smoking prohibition applying to the place of employment.
(D) The official in charge of a public place or place of employment shall remove ashtrays or other smoking paraphernalia for areas of the public place or place of employment where smoking is prohibited under this section.
(E) The official in charge of a public place or place of employment shall post conspicuous signs at each public entrance that read “State Law Prohibits Smoking Within 8 Feet of this Entrance” or other similar language.
(Ord. 96-3, passed - -; Am. Ord. 1996-5, passed 6-5-1996; Am. Ord. 2012-2, passed 6-18-2012) Penalty, see § 32.99