Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) All wireless telecommunications towers and facilities shall comply with the procedures for development plan review set forth in Chapter 1246.
(b) In addition to the submission requirements for development plans and conditional use certificates, the applicant shall submit the following additional items:
(1) Name, address and telephone number of the owner or lessee of the parcel of land on which the telecommunications facility is to be situated.
(2) The legal description, including County Auditor's parcel identification number, lot number, and address upon which the telecommunications facility is to be situated.
(3) The names, addresses and telephone numbers of all owners of other telecommunications facilities within a 2,500 feet radius of the proposed new tower or antenna, including municipally-owned property.
(4) Detailed description of the wireless telecommunications towers or facility's capacity including the number and types of antenna that it can accommodate.
(5) Demonstration that the wireless telecommunications tower must be located where it is proposed in order to service the applicant's service area, including an explanation of why a tower at this proposed site is technically necessary.
(6) When the telecommunications tower is located on a property with another principal use, the applicant shall present documentation that the owner of the property has granted an easement or entered into a lease for the proposed facility and that the vehicular access is provided to the facility.
(7) Documentation certifying that the wireless telecommunication facility complies with all current Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations for non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation (NIER).
(8) A vicinity map (at a scale of 1" = 1,000") indicating within a two (2)- mile radius of the proposed site the location of all wireless telecommunications towers and facilities and electrical utility high-tension wires.
(9) A list of names and phone numbers of whom to contact in an emergency. This list shall be kept current at all times.
(10) A list of any and all hazards that are within the secured area.
(11) When the proposed facility is to include a new tower, a plot plan, including all building uses within 300 feet, shall be required at a scale not less than one (1)-inch equal to 100 feet. Aerial photos and/or renderings may augment the plot plan.
(c) Prior to the issuance of a zoning certificate, the applicant shall post a performance guarantee, the amount of which is determined by the Planning and Zoning Administrator. The guarantee shall be for the purpose of insuring that an abandoned, obsolete or destroyed wireless telecommunication facility shall be removed in compliance with Section 1288.11. Any successor-in-interest or assignee of the applicant shall be required to additionally execute such bond.
(d) Prior to receiving approval for a new tower, the applicant shall demonstrate to the municipality that such facility is needed to meet the reasonable service requirements of the applicant. This assessment shall include consideration of alternative sites and the operational implications of such alternatives with respect to, but not limited to, height, opportunities for co-location, impact on residents and impact on service levels. Carlisle may retain consultants to review the information, with the reasonable costs for such consultation being borne by the applicant.
(e) When the applicant requests a building permit, the following items shall be provided:
(1) A report prepared by a licensed professional engineer shall be included with the submitted application and shall contain the height, design and proof of compliance with the most recent nationally-accepted structural standards as published in the American National Standards Institute/Electronic Industry Association section 222-F, as amended.
(2) A soil report complying with the standards of ANSI/EIA 222-F (Annex I: Geotechnical Investigations for Towers), as amended, shall be submitted to the Planning and Zoning Administrator to document and verify the design specifications of the foundation for the tower, and anchors for the guy wires, if used.
(3) Wireless telecommunications towers and antennas shall be designed to withstand sustained winds of at least eighty (80) miles per hour.
(4) The ANSI/EIA section 222-F (Annex H: Commentary on Ice Design Criteria for Communications Structures) shall be consulted for ice load specifications.
(5) Elevations of existing and proposed structures showing width, depth, and height of the telecommunications facility as well as the specifications of the antenna and support structure shall be presented.
(6) The applicant shall present documentation that the tower is designed in accordance with the standards established in the Section 1288.09.
(7) The applicant shall demonstrate that the proposed tower complies with all Federal Aviation Administration regulations concerning safety.
(8) The applicant shall demonstrate that the proposed tower complies with all Federal Communications Commission regulations addressing radio frequency emissions standards.
(9) All applicants shall be required to construct or locate on a base tower structure and structure foundation that is designed to be buildable up to 200 feet above the finished grade. Although the initial capacity may be for one (1) antenna, the structure shall be designed to serve as a base for a reconstructed tower with the capacity for three (3) providers when constructed to the maximum allowable height.
(Ord. 8-13. Passed 5-14-13.)