Skip to code content (skip section selection)
Outdoor activities, when permitted according to Table 1270.03, shall be permitted only when associated with the principal use provided such outdoor activity complies with the following:
(a) Regulation Of Type Of Storage.
(1) No storage of radioactive, toxic or otherwise hazardous materials shall be permitted.
(2) The bulk storage of sand, gravel, salt and other similar materials shall be permitted only when such material is effectively prevented from spreading,
(1) Areas devoted to outdoor operations and outdoor storage of goods, materials or products shall be located in a side or rear yard only and shall be located a minimum of twenty (20) feet from any side or rear lot line that abuts a lot in a nonresidential district and 150 feet from any side or rear lot line that abuts a lot in a residential district.
(2) The outdoor storage of fleet vehicles/equipment associated with the operation of the principal use shall be located in a side or rear yard in compliance with the parking setbacks set forth in Table 1270.11 for the district in which the lot is located.
(3) All outdoor activity areas shall be depicted on a development plan and shall not occupy or interfere with traffic circulation, required parking areas or pedestrian access.
(4) All materials shall be stored in such a manner as to be accessible to fire fighting equipment at all times.
(c) Signs. No signs shall be permitted in conjunction with outdoor activity areas except those otherwise in compliance with the sign regulations in Chapter 1286.
(d) Surfacing. Areas devoted to outdoor storage shall be paved with asphalt or concrete and be maintained free of dust.
(Ord. 8-13. Passed 5-14-13.)