Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(a) Establishment. The Planning and Zoning Administrator shall act as the administrative officer for the purpose of effecting the proper administration of the Zoning Code.
(b) Powers and Duties. The Planning and Zoning Administrator or his/her designee shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) Unless specifically qualified otherwise, the Planning and Zoning Administrator shall enforce the provisions of this Code. The Planning and Zoning Administrator shall have all necessary authority on behalf of Carlisle to administer and enforce the provisions of this Code. Such authority shall include the ability to order, in writing, the remedy of any condition found in violation of this Code and the ability to bring legal action to insure compliance with the provisions including injunction, abatement, or other appropriate action or proceeding.
(2) To interpret the meaning and application of this Zoning Code and its provisions.
(3) To issue zoning certificates as provided by this Zoning Code and keep a record of the same with a notation of any special conditions involved.
(4) To issue certificates of zoning compliance as provided by this Zoning Code and keep a record of the same.
(5) To accept, review for completeness, and respond to questions regarding applications upon which the Planning and Zoning Administrator is authorized by the provisions of this Zoning Code to review, including amendments to the Zoning Code, development plan review, conditional uses, variances, appeals, and subdivision plats.
(6) To coordinate the administrative review of applications required by this Zoning Code, including rezoning applications, development plan review, conditional use applications, and subdivision plats.
(7) To maintain any records required by this Zoning Code including inspection documents, and records of all variances, amendments, conditional uses, and similar use determinations.
(8) To make such records available for the use of Council, the Planning Commission, the Board of Zoning Appeals, the municipal manager, and the public.
(9) To conduct or cause the inspection of buildings and uses of land to determine compliance with this Zoning Code.
(10) To determine the existence of any violations of this Zoning Code and cause such notifications, revocation notices, stop orders, or tickets to be issued, or initiate such other administrative or legal action as needed, to address such violations.
(11) To maintain in current status the “Official Zoning District Map” of Carlisle.
(12) Provide such technical and consultation assistance as may be required by the Board of Zoning Appeals, the Planning Commission, and other boards and commissions, in the exercise of their duties relating to this Code.
(13) To review and act on sign applications, as required by Chapter 1286 according to the procedures, standards and criteria stated in this Zoning Code.
(Ord. 8-13. Passed 5-14-13.)