Any property owner or the agent of any owner who plans to replace public sidewalks upon property which he controls within the city limits may make written application to the Mayor for the partial payment by the city of the costs of such replacement of sidewalks.  Upon receipt of such application, he shall make or cause to be made an inspection of the sidewalk to be replaced and if upon inspection, determines with the concurrence of the City Engineer or his representative that it is in the public interest that such replacement be carried out, the Mayor shall be authorized to commit the city to pay not more than 50% of the costs of such replacement.
(`63 Code, § 909.03)  (Ord. 13-81, passed 3-9-81)