Skip to code content (skip section selection)
(A) Pursuant to I.C. 36-5-4-12, the Clerk-Treasurer is hereby authorized, prior to formal approval and allowance by the Council, to pay the following expenses (pre-approved claims):
(1) Property or services purchased or leased from:
(a) The United States government; or
(b) An agency or political subdivision of the United States government;
(2) License fees or permit fees;
(3) Insurance premiums;
(4) Utility payments or utility connection charges;
(5) Federal grant programs if:
(a) Advance funding is not prohibited; and
(b) The contracting party provides sufficient security for the amount advanced;
(6) Grants of state funds authorized by statute;
(7) Maintenance agreements or service agreements;
(8) Lease agreements or rental agreements;
(9) Principal and interest payments on bonds;
(11) State, federal, or county taxes; and
(12) Expenses that must be paid because of emergency circumstances.
(B) Payment of any claim, prior to formal approval and allowance by the Council, must be supported by a fully itemized invoice or bill and certification by the Clerk-Treasurer.
(C) The Council, at its next regular or special meeting after payment of a pre-approved claim, upon a review and finding that the prepaid claim is supported by a fully itemized invoice, as certified by the Clerk-Treasurer, shall approve it.
(D) Except for the pre-approved claims as described in this section, the provisions of I.C. 36-5-4-4 shall strictly apply to all other expenses of the town.
(Ord. 2018-5, passed 9-11-2018)