The following property development standards shall apply to all land and buildings in the M-P Zone:
A. Parcel area. Each parcel to be developed for uses permitted in this zone shall contain a minimum of five (5) acres. A development plan for the entire parcel must be submitted under the provisions of § 20.408.040 of this title and all off-site improvements as shown on said development plan must be installed prior to construction of any structures thereon.
B. Lot dimensions.
1. Width. Each lot shall have a minimum width of one hundred (100) feet.
2. Depth. Each lot shall have a minimum depth of one hundred fifty (150) feet.
C. Building height.
1. Buildings and structures erected in the M-P Zone shall have a height no greater than sixty (60) feet. Heights above the maximum may be permitted by conditional use permit subject to the provisions of § 20.408.030 of this title.
2. Structures permitted above height limits. Roof structures for the housing of elevators, stairways, tanks, ventilating fans or similar equipment required to operate and maintain the buildings, and fire or parapet walls, skylights, towers, steeples, smoke stacks, flagpoles, chimneys, wireless and television masts, water tanks, or similar structures may be erected above the maximum height permitted in each zone. No structure shall be allowed for purposes of providing additional floor space.
1. Where the M-P Zone fronts, sides, or rears on any arterial street, or a local street which is a boundary with residential zone, there shall be a yard abutting said arterial or local street of not less than fifty (50) feet. The twenty (20) feet nearest the street shall be landscaped and maintained. The remainder may be used for parking.
2. Where the M-P Zone fronts, sides, or rears on a local street which is not a boundary with a residential zone, there shall be a yard abutting said street of not less than twenty (20) feet. The ten (10) feet nearest the street shall be landscaped and maintained. The remainder may be used for parking.
3. Where the M-P abuts the residential zone, there shall be a yard of not less than one hundred (100) feet. Said yard may be used for parking. A solid masonry wall not less than seven (7) feet in height shall be installed along the property line abutting the residential zone.
4. Where the M-P Zone sides or rears on an alley which is a boundary with a residential zone, there shall be a yard of not less than one hundred (100) feet. Said yard may be used for parking. A solid masonry wall seven (7) feet in height shall be installed along the property line.
E. Walls, fences, landscaping and property maintenance. The provisions of § 20.252.040.E.6. and 7. of the M-1 Zone shall apply.
F. Distance between buildings. No requirements.
G. Coverage by structures. Lot area coverage by buildings or structures shall not exceed fifty percent (50%) of the total lot area.
H. Access. Access to all off-street parking and loading areas shall conform with requirements of the City Engineer.
I. Off-street parking and loading. The provisions of § 20.08.040 of this title shall apply.
J. Signs. The provisions of Chapter 20.28 of this title shall apply.
K. Outdoor storage and waste disposal.
1. Outdoor storage and activities associated with permitted uses shall be entirely enclosed by building walls or by a solid masonry wall on front setback line. Said wall to be not less than seven (7) feet in height. On all other property lines said uses shall be enclosed by a seven (7) foot wall or by screen landscaping not less than eight (8) feet in height plus a fence not less than six (6) feet in height, of chain link, or other similar material to screen stock piles from external boundaries of property. Items shall not be stacked or stored higher than six (6) feet.
2. The storage of combustible materials shall not be less than twenty (20) feet from any interior lot line, and a roadway shall be provided, graded, surfaced, and maintained from the street to the rear of the property to permit free access of fire trucks at any time.
3. No materials or wastes shall be deposited upon a subject lot in such form or manner that they may be transferred off the lot by natural causes or forces. All waste materials shall be stored in an enclosed area and shall be accessible to service vehicles.
4. Wastes which might cause fumes or dust which constitute a fire hazard or which may be edible by or otherwise be attractive to rodents or insects shall be stored only in closed containers in required enclosures.
L. Metal buildings. Buildings or structures having exterior walls of sheet metal shall not be located closer than one hundred fifty (150) feet from the property line along any freeway, major or secondary highway, or closer than one hundred (100) feet from the property line along any other dedicated street, except that said buildings or structures may be located closer to the street if any of the following conditions prevail:
(1) The sheet metal comprises twenty-five percent (25%) or less of the exterior wall area of said building or structure; or
(2) The sheet metal consists of panels with baked enamel or similar finish; or
(3) Said building or structure is concealed from view from the public street by walls, fences, landscaping, or other buildings or structures.
M. Minimum size of zone. No parcel of land containing less than twenty (20) acres shall be zoned M-P unless property is contiguous to an existing M-P Zone and has a shape and dimension adaptable for such purposes.
(Ord. 425, passed 10-14-68; Am. Ord. 873, passed 9-5-89)