(A)   (1)   It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to move or dismantle any building or structure within the municipality without a written permit to do so. Application may be made to the Municipal Clerk and shall include the location of the building to be moved, the proposed route, the equipment to be used and such other information as the governing body may require. The application shall be accompanied by a certificate issued by the County Treasurer to the effect that all the provisions regulating the moving of buildings have been complied with on the part of the owner of the real estate upon which the said building is presently located. The Municipal Clerk shall refer the said application to the governing body for approval of the proposed route over which the said building is to be moved.
      (2)   Upon approval of the governing body, the Municipal Clerk shall then issue the said permit; provided that, a good and sufficient corporate surety bond, check or cash in an amount set by motion of the governing body and conditioned upon moving said building without doing damage to any private or municipal property is filed with the Municipal Clerk prior to the granting of any permit. In the event it will be necessary for any licensed building mover to interfere with the telephone or telegraph poles and wires or a gas line, the company or companies owning, using or operating the said poles, wires or line shall, upon proper notice of at least 24 hours, be present and assist by disconnecting the said poles, wires or line relative to the building moving operation. All expense of the said disconnection, removal or related work shall be paid in advance by the licensee unless such disconnection or work is furnished on different terms as provided in the said company’s franchise.
   (B)   Whenever the moving of any building necessitates interference with a water main, sewer main, pipes or wire belonging to the municipality, notice in writing of the time and route of the said building moving operation shall be given to the various municipal officials in charge of the Municipal Utility Departments who shall proceed in behalf of the municipality and at the expense of the mover to make such disconnections and do such work as is necessary.
(Prior Code, § 10-501)  Penalty, see § 10.99