The governing body may employ a Special Engineer to make any particular estimate, survey or other work. The Special Engineer shall make a record of the minutes of his or her surveys and all other work done for the municipality. He or she shall, when directed by the governing body, accurately make all plats, sections, profiles and maps as may be necessary in the judgment of the governing body. He or she shall, upon request of the governing body, make estimates of the costs of labor and material which may be done or furnished by contract with the municipality and make all surveys, estimates and calculations necessary for the establishment of grades, bridges or culverts and for the building, constructing or repairing of any public improvement of the municipality. All records of the Engineer shall be public records which shall belong to the municipality and shall be turned over to his or her successor. He or she shall when directed by the governing body inspect all works of public improvement and, if found to be properly done, shall accept the same and report his or her acceptance to the governing body. He or she shall estimate the cost of all proposed municipal utilities and public improvements, together with any extensions thereof which the governing body may propose to construct or improve.
(Prior Code, § 1-207)
Statutory reference:
   Related provisions, see Neb. RS 17-568, 17-919, 18-3301