Skip to code content (skip section selection)
A. Manner, Form: Application for a festival block designation shall be made to the City Clerk's Office in such form and manner as may be prescribed.
B. Included Information: In addition to the application requirements set forth in chapter 1, article A of this title, the written application for a festival block designation shall include, at minimum, the following information:
1. The name, address, phone number, and email address of the applicant;
2. The name and physical address of the applicant's business located within the proposed festival block site;
3. The name, address, phone number, and email address of all stakeholder businesses within the proposed festival block;
4. A list of all the remaining addresses within the proposed festival block and a description of the use at each address (e.g., residential, non-profit, governmental, etc.);
5. Copies of the applicant's current and valid alcohol licenses issued by the State of Idaho, Ada County, and City for the applicant's business located within the proposed festival block;
6. A map depicting the physical parameters of the proposed festival block and a written description of the same;
7. A detailed statement of whether the applicant has had any actions against its business's alcohol licenses within the past five (5) years taken by the State, a county, or a city;
8. A list of all the other businesses within the proposed festival block that also hold alcohol licenses;
9. Signed letters of support for festival block designation from the stakeholder business owners;
10. Signed letters of support for festival block designation from non-commercial properties (e.g., residential, non-profit, governmental, etc.) located within the proposed site, if any; and
11. Any other relevant information required by Code or the City Clerk's Office.
C. Investigation: Upon receipt of an application for a festival block designation, the City Clerk's Office shall investigate whether the applicant is qualified to request such designation and the proposed area meets the standards of a festival block site.
D. Change In Information: Every applicant must notify the City Clerk's Office in writing within ten (10) business days of any material change in the information contained in the application for a festival block designation including, but not limited to, change of name, address, telephone number, and email address.
E. Nonrefundable License Fee: Every application for a festival block designation shall be accompanied by a nonrefundable license fee in an amount established by the City Council and listed on the most current fine and fee schedule.
F. Timing: In addition to all of the festival block application requirements listed above, all designation applications must be completed and submitted at least sixty (60) business days prior to the proposed commencement of operation as a festival block.
G. Designation Conditions: Festival block designation will contain standard conditions and may contain special conditions to protect the public's health and safety and the right to equal access to public property for normal pedestrian access. The City Clerk may deny, suspend, or revoke any festival block designation that the City Clerk determines at any time has violated these conditions, or cannot meet the conditions. (Ord. 13-22, 3-29-2022)